Friday, October 5, 2012

Balance

I haven't written here in a while. Mostly because I haven't had time, and partly because I forget. I want to change that though. So here's my first post in a long time.

Balance, I struggle to find it. I am a stay at home mom, so I should be able to do it all right? It's such a struggle for me to juggle housework, cooking healthy meals, laundry, my husband, and spending time with my kids. Plus my photography hobby.
Lately I've been really struggling with it-then I came across this blog Passionate Homemaking (simply because I was doing a google search for homemade tomato soup-it amazes me how God works!) and it spoke to my heart. So, I've been praying a simple prayer for several days now, it's simply "Lord change my heart". It's not profound, it's not long, but it's from my heart. And guess what, He is. No my house isn't spotless, but my moments of frustration are fewer, the time I spend with my kids is sweeter, the irritation at my husband isn't so frequent, God is changing my heart.
I am so thankful His mercies are new every morning.

No comments: